Are you a Veterinarian looking for a change of pace? Pet Poison Helpline/SafetyCall International, PLLC, is growing quickly and looking to add one full-time Associate Veterinarian (32-40 hours/week) to our team in Bloomington, MN or remote from home if outside the Twin Cities area.
Candidates who live in Minnesota outside of the Twin Cities Metro area or in the following states are eligible for remote from home positions: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. Remote staff must be able to train in our home office in Bloomington, Minnesota for a 4 week period and meet the IT requirements described below. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
About Us Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. SCI, the parent company of PPH, specializes in industry adverse event management related to humans and animals. PPH/SCI offers competitive pay, generous PTO and benefits for all full time employees, a fun work environment with many perks, growth opportunities and experience in a fascinating field. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
Position We are currently hiring one full-time (40 hours/week) Associate Veterinarian. The position does not have a set schedule. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays. At this time available shifts are primarily evening shifts (shift start times ranging from 2pm-4pm CST and shift end times ranging from 10pm-12amCST). While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
Duties include toxicology consultation via the telephone with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, other health care providers, pet owners and consumers calling into Pet Poison Helpline or SafetyCall’s industry side. DVMs document history, case notes and recommendations into an electronic medical records system. DVMs act as a resource for support staff in the call center and provide training and guidance when needed. In addition to the core duties, presentation and publication opportunities also exist for those who are interested. We provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- At least three (3) years of practice experience. Emergency experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates interested in working remotely must have at least 6 years of practice experience and emergency experience is strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiently with typing and computer navigation, Microsoft Office Suite and common Windows based software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
Remote Agent Requirements: Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 10mb download speed and a PC computer (no laptops or Apple computers) with Windows 7 or 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
To Apply: SCI offers competitive pay and benefits, a fun work environment and experience in a fascinating field. Interested candidates should send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest, including availability and any scheduling restrictions, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match our qualifications.