O’Connor Road Animal Hospital, located in San Antonio, TX, is looking for a Managing Veterinarian/Medical Director to join our team!
O’Connor Road Animal Hospital is located on the northeast side of San Antonio and is a primary care facility also offering boarding, grooming and limited emergency services. We are a busy multi-doctor practice that takes pride in our team approach in providing high quality care to our patients! As a wellness hospital, we are passionate about practicing preventative medicine while educating our clients on these benefits!
More information at www.oconnorroadanimalhospital.com.
About our hospital
* Modern building - built in 2006. Five exams rooms, treatment area, lab/pharmacy room, surgery suite, isolation room, large dog boarding with separate cat boarding.
* In-house laboratory with Idexx Catalyst and ProCyte. In-house urinalysis and sediment, fecal flotation, PCV, TP, FeLV/FIV, Heartworm 4dx. External testing through Idexx, TVMDL, and other labs as needed.
* Sevoflurane and Isoflurane anesthesia, electro-surgery, orthopedic surgery supplies. Also work closely with surgeon for in-house advanced procedures (TPLO, fracture repair, splenectomy with Ligassure, nephrectomy, etc.)
* Ultra-sonic dentistry unit, full mouth digital dental x-rays
* AviMark software to manage database of 10,000 + animals
The city of San Antonio is full of family fun and Texas history. Visit the Alamo, Mission trails, and some of our many museums to learn all about Texas and San Antonio. On the beautiful Riverwalk you can enjoy shopping, dining, theaters, social clubs, and museums. We also have Sea World, Fiesta Texas, the Zoo and Caverns to explore - all just minutes from each other. Texas is also known for its beautiful Hill Country where you can go for water recreation, hiking, camping, hunting, and scenery. The wildflower-covered hills in the spring are majestic! Just outside of San Antonio are some of the oldest towns in Texas- Gruene, Fredericksburg, and Luckenbach- you can shop, eat, visit wineries and even enjoy some live music. Like the beach? We are a short 3 hour drive from the beaches of the Texas Gulf coast. The Veterinary Medical Association of Bexar County (VMABC) is active in San Antonio, providing continuing education opportunities and support for the profession. San Antonio also hosts the Southwest Veterinary Symposium every other year!
National Veterinary Associates is a leading global pet care organization united in the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA, a community of approximately 1,400 premier locations consisting primarily of general practice veterinary hospitals in addition to equine hospitals and pet resorts, and Ethos Veterinary Health, which consists of 145 world-class specialty and emergency hospitals, are rooted in a culture of compassion and innovation.
NVA and EVH’s innovative, collaborative approach underpins a shared commitment to delivering exceptional veterinary care. For more information, visit www.nva.com.